Monday, December 17, 2012

Eat: Delish

I haven't posted in awhile and I don't really have a great excuse for it.  I have been busy, but I just couldn't seem to sit down and type.  We've been eating lots of yummy foods around here.  Both raw and not raw but yummy and pretty healthy.  Last week we were hungry and didn't want to take time to make an elaborate meal.  I had some premade polenta in the cupboard and knew I could use it to make a simple easy, yet hardy meal.  Here's what I made:

I cut the polenta into rounds then browned them in a pan.  I then sauteed up some oyster mushrooms and shallots.  Put both on top of a bed of baby spinach, a spoonful of vodka pasta sauce and topped with some fresh Parmesan and you have an easy, quick, delicious meal!

In other foodie news yesterday I had a juicing day.  I love raw juice and could happily drink it all day long.  We had a lot of produce hanging out in the fridge that needed to be used up before it went bad.  So I happily juiced away!
Brunch consisted of green juice.  This had kale, baby spinach, chard, burdock root, and apples.
Then I made some juice to take with me to work.  This orange juice had tangerines, carrot, and cranberry.  Some people wonder what you do with all that pulp.  That's an easy answer... make pulp crackers.  All you do is put your pulp in a bowl with some flax meal that has been mixed with water.  Add whatever spices you want and dehydrate at about 110 for 24 hours or until completely dry.  Here's mine:
I added vanilla, cinnamon and raw honey to the orange pulp and nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and tamari to the green pulp.  I can't wait to snack on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment