Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Eat: Raw Apple Cinnamon Crackers

I know I've been a little MIA lately.  I have been working on starting up this business and it's been taking up a lot of my time.  I do feel I am possibly making some progress (thank goodness!).  Anyways, back to the good stuff.  Raw Apple Cinnamon Crackers.  These are really easy to make.  If you do not have a dehydrator you can use your oven on the lowest setting with the door propped open.



Ingredients:
1 C Flax Meal (grind about 1/2 cup flax seeds to make this)
1/2 C Flaked Coconut
3 Sweet Apples
1/2 tbsp Cinnamon
1-2 tbsp Natural Sweetener (Raw Agave, Raw Honey, Date Paste)
Pinch Salt



In a blender (I used the magic bullet) put in 1/2 cup of flex seed and coconut.  Grind until flax is more like a flour in texture.  Pour into a large bowl.  Then in a larger blender (I used my Ninja) add apple slices, cinnamon, salt, and natural sweetener.  Blend until applesauce consistency.  Pour into bowl with flax and coconut.  Mix well.  Get out your dehydrator with a jelly roll screen.  Spread into a thin layer (1/2 inch or less).  Use a back of a knife to score the mixture into pieces.  Dehydrate at 110 degrees for 18-24 hours or until crispy.

* Note: I flipped my crackers over about 1/2 way though onto the dehydrator grid to allow the air to circulate more around the crackers.

If using an oven spread onto parchment paper on a baking sheet.  Score into pieces and dehydrate until crispy.


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment