Thursday, February 16, 2012

Raw Food: Typical Day

Yesterday I decided to take a picture of what a typical day is for me.  I usually eat raw for breakfast and lunch and then sometimes each raw or cooked for dinner.  I find this works the best for me right now.  It also works out best for my family.  So what did I have to eat?
Here's the ingredients for my morning smoothie:  Banana, Blackberries, Cucumber, Almond Milk, and Psyllium Husk. (click on the link to find out more about this ingredient)  
This is what I took to work.  In the jar is my smoothie.  Then I have an orange (I used some of the zest in Tuesdays smoothie), and a layered salad.  I don't always eat salad but yesterday I didn't know what to have so I threw some things together.  This salad had: Broccoli Slaw, Lettuce, Tomato, Mushroom, Radish Sprouts (home sprouted), Cucumber, and Pepitas.  The dressing (sitting in the container on top of the salad) has: 1 Avocado, 2 Tbsp AC Vinegar, 1 Tbsp Aminos, Garlic Powder, Olive Oil (I didn't measure this), and just a little water to thin it out. 

I could only eat 1/2 of my salad yesterday so I left it at work for today.  It turned out so yummy!  The dressing was a nice creamy slightly tangy element.  Being raw does not mean boring.  You can really play around with flavors to make an amazing meal that is very highly nutritious.  What raw thing did you have today?


No comments:

Post a Comment