Thursday, February 23, 2012

Juice Feast: Day 2

Day 2 is almost over and so far this was the hardest day.  I had a hard time turning my mind off from the need to eat.  I was never hungry but with the food everywhere in the office I felt like I was missing out.  It's kind of funny when I look back on it.  I think it was more wanting something crunchy or crispy and less with the need to actually eat.  Leaving for lunch has helped a lot.  I went to the library today and then the dollar store.  I wonder where I will go next week.  So what did I have to eat (or should I say drink) today?
Breakfast (1.5 Quarts)
- Cucumber
- Strawberries
- Spinach
- Blueberries
- Water
Lunch (~ 1 Quart)
- Avocado
- Spinach
- Tomato
- Raw Protein Powder
- Spirulina
- Psyllium Husk
- Lemon
- Water
Dinner (1 Quart)
- Cantaloupe
- Celery
- Ginger
- Lime
- Carrot
Tonight I also made some homemade raw almond milk.  I added dates for sweetness and homemade vanilla extract.  I am currently sipping some Chai Tea with a splash of this almond milk.  I would say today is a success.  I never thought this would be easy but is fascinating how tricky mentally it is right now.  Here's the calorie breakdown:
Daily Summary
Calories: 1,067
Fat: 28.87g
Cholesterol: 0
Sodium: 558mg
Carbs: 191g
Fiber: 45g
Sugar 130g (from fruit)
Protein: 43g

No comments:

Post a Comment