Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Juice Feast: Day 1


So today was officially day 1 of my juice feast.  I have to say so far so good.  I was never hungry.  I got to sip on juice all day long.  I have found that mentally this is harder than I thought.  Right now my brain says I need something to eat just to eat, not because I am hungry.  At work we have food everywhere.  I decided to leave the office for lunch and to stay away from it.  I am pretty proud of myself.  I am a bored eater and at work I am always snacking.  Chips are my downfall.  It will be interesting if that changes as the days go on.  So what did I have today?
Breakfast (1 Quart) Green Juice
- Kale
- Spinach
- Apples
- Pineapple
- Spirulina Powder
- Lemons
Lunch (1 Quart) Orange Juice
- Carrots
- Oranges
- Tomatoes
- Spinach
Snack
- Tea
- Coffee (won't do that in the middle of the day again.  I got the shakes so bad from that one!)
Dinner (1.5 Quarts) Juiceish
- Avocado
- Tomato
- Spinach
- Raw Protein Powder (Garden of Life Brand)
- Spirulina Powder
- Psyllium Husk
- Lemon
- 1.25 L water
- Spices

Dinner is kind of like the Avocado Soup I like to make but thinner.  This made over 1 quart and since the goal is about 4 quarts (not sure how I can drink that much!) it works out great.  I used some warm water to make this so it's a bit warm and very delicious.  I am slowly sipping on it as I write this post.  I added the psyllium husk to increase my fiber since I am not drinking much pulp to keep things going.  Can't wait for day 2!  Here's the rundown on my calorie intake:
Daily Summary
Calories: 1,595
Fat: 31.8g
Cholesterol: 0g
Sodium: 801mg
Carbs: 333g
Fiber: 82g
Sugar: 182g (from fruit)
Protein: 59g

No comments:

Post a Comment