Friday, January 4, 2013

30 Days 100% Raw: Day 4

I am so full!  100% raw food at 80/10/10 is definitely for those who love to eat.  I just polished off a huge Taco Salad for dinner.  Yum!  It was so good, I promise.  So today I found myself without a lot of food in the house.  I usually bring home what I call the scratch and dents from the co-op on nights that I work but for some reason I only brought home cucumbers the other night.  This left me with a couple of pears and apples.  Once my hubs came home with the car I ran out to the grocery store.  I picked up just a few things to tide me over until I work tomorrow.  So what did I eat today?

Apple & Pear Salad (2 pears and 1 apple)
3 Medjool Dates
Apple
Banana
Huge Taco Salad

Because I am feeling oh so happy and full I will leave you with a recipe for my Taco Salad (makes 2 servings).

Ingredients:
2 cartons Crimini mushrooms
2T Aminos, Nama Shoyu or Timari
1t Cayenne Pepper (could use less if you didn't want it as spicy or feel free to leave it out)
1t Garlic Powder
1.5t Cumin
Greens
Pico De Gallo or Taco fixings (ie. tomato, onion, cilantro... you get the idea)

Slice up crimini mushrooms and put in either a baggie or glass dish.  In another bowl mix together aminos, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and cumin.  Add marinade to mushrooms and let sit for 30 min to 1 hour.  Meanwhile cut up some lettuce (I used 2 romaine hearts for my serving of salad), make up some pico de gallo and put in a large bowl.  Add in mushrooms and toss all together.  Tastes just like taco salad!  Enjoy!  It's so easy and even my SAD eater of a husband liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment