Saturday, April 14, 2012

Eat: Paleo Saturday

Today the hubby and I decided to eat a few less carbs this weekend.  One of my new favorite sites is http://www.paleoplan.com.  I know a few people who follow this lifestyle and the recipes looked really good so we decided to try a few out.  Now I am sure some of you are wondering what is the Paleo lifestyle and why on earth would you want to eat that type of food?  Here is a little bit from The Paleo Plan's FAQ.

Q: What is the Paleo Diet
A: The Paleo diet mimics the types of foods every person on the planet ate prior to the Agricultural Revolution (a mere 10,000 years or 500 generations ago). These foods (meats, seafood, organ meats, eggs, fresh vegetables and fruits, plus some nuts and seeds) are full of vitamins and minerals, antioxidants, fiber, beneficial fatty acids, and low-glycemic carbohydrates that promote good health. 


The Paleo diet doesn’t contain refined sugars and grains, dairy, trans fats, high-glycemic carbohydrates, and processed foods that often cause weight gain, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and many other health problems.
Want to know more check this out!


So what did we eat?
Well for brunch we made Baked Eggs in Bacon Rings
These beauties had bacon, eggs, tomato slice, onion and mushrooms.  They were super easy to make and I got the hubby's stamp of approval.  I would definitely eat these again.  They also kept us full until about 5 pm! 

For dinner we decided to try the Paleo Beef Stew
This stew only took an hour and it is one of the best things I've ever had.  I got another stamp of approval from the hubby.  In the stew there was onion, garlic, stew meat, carrots, mushrooms, beef stalk, tomatoes, red wine, thyme, pepper, salt and savory spice.  I really recommend this one!

I would say our little nudge into the Paleo way of life was a delicious one.  I can see us adding these and a few more into our food bank.  It is really great for those with food allergies since there is no dairy or gluten and other allergies can easily adjust a recipe to what works for them.  Now time to sit back and enjoy my Saturday night with the hubby.

-Happy Eating!


No comments:

Post a Comment