Saturday, February 11, 2012

Headaches


My hubby had a little to much to drink last night.  When I got home he was complaining of a headache.  He said he had been drinking a lot of water but it just wasn't going away.  We ran to the store and got him some coconut water.
What’s in it?
Nutrient content varies slightly from brand to brand, but coconut water is naturally low in calories and fat-free. A serving has about the same amount of potassium as a banana and it is low in sodium. It also has a small amount of calcium, magnesium and phosphorus. Brands that add ascorbic acid as a preservative provide a good source of vitamin C. Fruit-flavored coconut water is also available and these varieties have slightly more calories and sugar due to the added fruit.

Read more at FYI Living: http://www.fyiliving.com/diet/coconut-water-craze-are-the-health-benefits-worth-the-cost/#ixzz1m7nb9OJO



Then he said it was getting too bad so he went to take some Advil.  Now in our household we only use this if really needed.  So I ran to my crafting room and grabbed some sweet almond oil and some Young Living's Peppermint Oil.  I love their essential oils.  They are therapeutic grade and I find I do not need as much as I do from some other brands.  I put 4 drops of sweet almond oil in my palm and 2 drops of peppermint oil and rubbed my hands together.  I then gave my hubby a head massage.  He said almost as soon as I was done that his headache went away.  I love peppermint oil for headaches.  It really works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment