Saturday, August 17, 2013

Where I've Been

Finally I am in a place where I feel like I can share with all of you, my dear readers.  I know I have been absent from this blog for a bit but I have been working on A LOT of project that are finally getting to the sharing point.  So what has been going on in the Sleep. Eat. Heal. world?

1. As you know I have been in school at the Institute of Integrative Nutrition learning how to be a health coach.  This school has been amazing and I really have learned so many things that I can apply to my own life as well as those who use my coaching skills.  I have also been working on getting my business started.  I have a name and forms filled out and soon hopefully the funds to file the paperwork.

2. This blogger is going to be a mamma!  I know how awesome/crazy is this!  Some of you know that I have been on a healing journey for quite some time now.  This journey all started after I experienced two miscarriages within six months from each other.  It really lead me to look at how things were effecting my body and what I could do to fix it.  Without that part in my life I honestly don't think I would be where I am today.  So even though I didn't understand why it would happen to me at the time, I now see the plan that was set up for me.

So how has my life changed with these two developments?  Well, my life is crazy busy at the moment.  I am studying for school, work, setting up a business, and growing a human.  I am also finally over morning sickness (I hope!) so now I can get back to making up recipes and sharing with all of you!  Also, my diet has changed a bit.  Before I was pregnant I was eating a vegan/vegetarian diet and loving it. Once pregnant I found my body was needing animal protein.  I have switched over to a whole foods diet that is still high in fruits/veggies but also incorporates chicken, turkey, and fish (I don't like fish though so I don't eat it).  It's been working well for me so far.  I am not sure what my body will need after I give birth but I believe in listening to your body and adjusting as it needs to be.  So we'll see.

Thanks for putting up with me and I'll post again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment