Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Vegan Cheesy Popcorn

There are some days you just need a quick and easy snack.  Popcorn certainty fits the bill.  But did you know that corn is one of the highest GMO crops grown in the US?  Make sure you find organic popcorn and an even better choice is to get local popcorn and in my case I got local organic popcorn still on the cob.
I don't have a microwave in my house so we make it the old fashioned way on the stove in a pot.  It's super easy and you can control how much oil or butter you use.  I like to use a tsp of coconut oil and a drizzle of olive oil.  Once the oil is melted I throw in 1 kernel of corn and wait for it to pop.  This will let you know that the oil has reached the right temp.
 I then throw in the rest in the pot, put on the lid.  Remember to shake the pot every once in awhile so that your corn does not burn.


Once it's all popped take it off the heat and put it in a bowl.  Sprinkle with some nutritional yeast and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment