Sunday, January 13, 2013

30 Days 100% Raw: Day 13

Lucky thirteen has brought about the most delicious thing I have made yet in the raw food life.  I woke up ridiculously late today and got to start my day with lunch.  I decided to use up some greens I had in the refrigerator and make some mean green soup.  Since I love you all I am going to share my recipe...lucky you!
Mean Green Soup
Handful of the following greens:
-Green Pea Tips (if you don't have these you could sub snow peas)
-Spring Lettuce Mix
-Dino Kale
1 Cucumber
1 Zucchini
1-2 Tbs Coconut Aminos
1 Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
1 -1.5 tsp Cumin
1 Clove Garlic
3/4 Cup water (depending on your blender you may not need all of this)
Diced Red Pepper and Celery for garnish

Put everything but the garnish in the blender and blend on high until nice and smooth.  Pour into bowl and add garnish.  It's easy, delicious, full of beautiful greens, and fast.  Since I have to work tonight at the co-op the rest of the night I am going to eat some fruit (usually it's an apple or two, maybe a satsuma, or manderinquat) and if I am still hungry I will get a salad at the salad bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment