Peppermint (Mentha Piperita)
Botanical Name: Lamiaceae or Labiatae (mint)
Plant Origin: North America, Mediterranean area, Great Britain
Extraction Method: Steam distilled from leaves and stems
Historical Data: Reputed to be part of the "Marseilles Vinegar" or "Four Thieves Vinegar" used by grave robbing bandits to protect themselves during the 15th century plague. A highly regarded digestive stimulant. Jean Valnet, MD, used peppermint to treat liver and respiratory diseases.
Medicinal Properties: Anti-inflammatory, antitumoral, antiparasitic (worms), antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, gallbladder/digestive stimulant, pain relieving, curbs appetite
Uses: Rheumatism/arthritis, respiratory infections (pneumonia, tuberculosis, etc), obesity, viral infections (herpes simplex, herpes zoster, cold sores, human papilloma virus, etc), fungal infections/Candida, digestive problems, headaches, nausea, skin conditions (itchy skin, varicose veins, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis), scoliosis/lumbargo/back problems
Fragrant Influences: Purifying, stimulating, increase mental accuracy, curb appetite, headache pain reduction.
Application (Dilute 2:1):
- Apply 1-2 drops on location (abdomen, temples)
- Apply on chakras or Vita Flex points
- Inhale directly
- Take as a dietary supplement
How We Use It:
- First Aid: We use peppermint to help eliminate headaches, muscle aches, and back aches by applying topically to the area.
- We add a drop to tea or water when we have an upset stomach or digestive issues. We also rub 1-2 diluted drops on the abdomen and stomach area
- We diffuse or inhale from the bottle when we need some more energy/help concentrating and/or to help eliminate nausea
Interested in getting the Everyday Oils Kit? You can by clicking here to sign up for an account use member #1310759
The kit is $150.00 either as a distributor or as a customer.
Want just Peppermint?
A 15ml bottle is $25.99 (a 15 ml bottle has roughly 250 drops inside) retail or $19.75 for distributors.
What is the difference of a distributor and customer? Purchasing the kit as a distributor opens a wholesale account with Young Living. This gives you 24% off any additional purchases as long as you order $50.00 per year. You are not required to sell anything.
A customer pays retail pricing but will get special emails with each months deals and news.
If you have questions please do not hesitate to comment on this post, email me, or call me.
Providing a key to your wellness,