Sunday, February 19, 2012

Food: Orange Chia Pancakes


There are times, usually Sundays, where I want to make something just a little more scrumptious than the other days.  I haven't made Pancakes in forever and they are so easy to make from scratch, I knew that this was what I was going to make today.


Ingredients:
1 1/2 C. Gluten-Free Flour
3 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
3/4 tsp. Salt
1 tbsp. Raw Honey (It's what I had on hand)
1 C. Vanilla Almond Milk
1 Egg
3 tbsp Coconut Butter
1/4 C. Orange Juice (Fresh Squeezed)
~1 tsp to 2 tsp Orange Zest
1 tbsp Chia Seeds
1/2 tsp Guar Gum

Mix everything together in a bowl.  Once mixed heat your pan on medium low to medium heat.   I used an 1/8 C. as a scoop.  This recipe made around 18 to 20 pancakes.  They have a wonderful orange flavor and the chia seeds add a wonderful texture.  Drizzle some agave nectar and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment